Carol A. Schrager, Esq.
Carol Schrager is a successful Manhattan Attorney whose practice and offices serve as Hueston McNulty, P.C.’s New York offices. Carol has served a diverse array of individual, corporate and insurance company clients in a wide-ranging civil practice in the State of New York, including the following:
- Liability prevention and defense, risk management, claims management, litigation and mediation for operators of recreational facilities, hospitality businesses and manufacturers, distributors and retailers of sporting goods. Extensive claims defense for several major insurance companies and their third party administrators. Instrumental in drafting and lobbying for the statute and regulations that govern ski area operations in New York State. Dozens of reported and unreported successful motions for summary judgment and amicus appearances in trial and appellate courts throughout New York State.
- General corporate and business matters, construction law issues, contract negotiation and drafting, complex problem solving, logistical co-ordination, negotiated dispute resolution and a broad spectrum of commercial litigation, arbitration and mediation on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants (including individuals, partnerships and corporations) engaged in a wide variety of business endeavors.
- Real estate matters, including negotiation and drafting of commercial and residential leases and contracts of sale as well as attendant litigation; counseling of boards and managing agents of cooperative apartment corporations regarding major issues and day-to-day operations.
Harvard Law School – Class of 1979
Articles Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Women’s Law Journal.
Board Memberships/Pro Bono Activities:
- Member of the National Ski Areas Association Environmental Committee and Governmental Affairs Committee.
- Served for 12 years on the Board of Directors of the Association for Ski Defense Attorneys.
- Annual lecturer at risk management seminars for the National Ski Areas Association and Ski Areas of New York.